Mufasa's Den

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Away for too long

What to do, important Operations Research project that my Company's Chief Operating Officer had me do as part of my academic coursework took the toll. Not to mention the health problems that my family is having. Lot of things have happened in the meantime.

Judges are having a hard time in sub-continent, one in Pakistan unceremoniously kicked out and charges filed against him and another in India had some harsh letter sent to him. If these things can happen to Supreme Court judges I shudder to think what will happen to common folks.

Well the unthinkable has happened, Bangladesh squarely defeated India and Ireland trounced Pakistan. As one commentator put it the neighbors were competing with each on mediocreness in all aspects of the game. As for as India is concerned I think it is good India lost to Bangladesh. I think India should also lose to Bermuda. Cricket's popularity should wane in the country. I would rather see Hockey, Soccer and other such games which are more exciting and waste much less time gain popularity than this mundane and boring (what else can u expect from a sport invented by the Brits) game.

Vishy Anand gained #1 status in the Chess world. I never saw any congratulatory message from any of the Indian leaders. I guess if it had been a Muslim or a Dalit or an OBC or even a eunuch all the politicians would have rushed head over heels to congratulate and allot him a parcel of land and not to mention some lakhs of Rupees. But unfortunately Vishy doesn't fall in to any of the categories.

Last week I watched the movie "Rendu" starring Madhavan and before that week I watched Kamal's Vettaiyadu Vilayadu. I'm quite convinced that I will not be watching any more movies from Kollywood. The movies were so graphical it would be put GTA to shame. Especially VV, not at all expected in a Kamal starrer. Same with Rendu. Madhavan's movies are usually soft and offbeat but the violence in Rendu had me shut the TV off. I don't think I'm going to see Paruthi veeran or any other recent movie as their reviews themselves are scarring to read.

This is in stark contrast with the way movies were made in yesteryears. Do you need such graphic display of violence and bloodshed to be a blockbuster nowadays ? I am just going to stick with movies from PrakashRaj stable hereafter. I liked his Azhagiya theeye and I'm seeing really good reviews for Mozhi.

Anyway that's all for now, Happy Worldcup watching.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home